Friday, December 19, 2014

the deliberation of all this time

if i pause long enough in my spinning with the world and all
it's fancies
i hear it loud and clear right below the noise
"you miss him. this is unprecedented, given you just spoke to
him mere hours ago."
and i wake up at 2am and again at 4
presumably because i am cold
(under my cozy comforter)
wide awake
waiting for something i shouldn't expect, another call.
we said "goodbye" for his trip already.
but i look for whatever must have woke me as though it were a
tangible thing
when i know 
this feeling is it.
connectedness.
he must be awake too. 
worried. wondering. hoping.

i almost reach for the phone, because that is what we do
humans
when we want something
immediately try to satisfy the want.
realizing i want to satisfy it not for him but for me
makes me stop, and instead
review the hopes i shared in hushed
prayerful
tones over the phone for his time away.
and that is enough.
i cannot change his being gone for my  wants
because his wants are just as important
to me.
give him peace of mind to leave on
and return with.
god speed.

No comments: