Thursday, May 17, 2007

Here, ride my bike!

Dear Mom,
I have poison ivy. AGAIN.
Love,
Melissa


P.S. I got it while climbing a tree on Monday. It reminds me of when
I was little and I got it while making mud soup in Katie's backyard up
the hill on Oxbow. Then that night after you'd figured out it
was Poison Ivy and told us all I remember we went out to ride bikes.
I offered mine to all the neighborhood kids and they were very
suspicious. Someone almost took me up on it finally but then Al
screamed "DON'T DO IT, SHE HAS POISON IVY AND YOU'LL GET IT ALL OVER
YOU!" and with a collective gasp they all ran home to tell their
mothers. I can still feel the oil on my hands and handlebars and the
glee I took in the thought of spreading the misery. Oh gosh I was a
horrible kid!

It hurts a bit and itches and CONSTANTLY weeps. Just on my laft
arm, woop de doo. I am taking some homeopathic Hylands under my
tounge and washing it a lot to dry it out( I just remembered today
that I have some poison ivy soap by Burt's Bees in my room, I can use
it!!), and cortisone cream as well as hydrogen peroxide. It's killer
because it seems to be getting better and then the next day looks back
to a state of horridness it was in before. Man, I hate this stuff!
BUT I will not stop climbing trees! Maybe just not that one though...
=0{

No comments: