Sunday, September 7, 2014

so many chances

scenes of life flashing before my eyes
famine
celebration
new breath
last breath
discovery
hope
failure
wonder
grief
love
joy
fear
protest
acceptance
journey.

and i am so grateful for the constant chances to we have been given.
it overflows my heart
out my eyelids and onto my cheeks.
the beauty and pain of life i wouldn't miss, not for all the
sameness
in the world.
give me liberty
to make the right choices
for me, trust me to know what i need to do for myself.
because when i do, we all can.

not all the problems will be solved
there will still be ugly selfishness
and i can't choose for others but i can choose again, so many times this day, what i will do to bring beauty to the pain.

thank you for these chances. we have been given so many chances.

No comments: