Sunday, July 30, 2017

waterglass

outside.

it is my norm to feel as though i am on another plane
than the other people
normal
connected
fine
wealthy
carefree
my head and my laugh and my eyes
all experience life
differently than those i
reach through
the waterglass wall to offer some of
myself to.

the jokes and the looks and the thoughts all
seem
to make it through
and every once in a while
someone reaches back.
to try and step onto my plane
even for a few moments
and it means the world when it happens
when they sincerely try
i truly feel them
and we are the same kind of different
because we are seen.
without the waterglass wall.

when i force myself to really look into the
face of this, i find it is a
farce.
because
it is easier
to believe you are

alone

than it is to reach through that
wall.


life is hard for everyone.

pain
is universal.

no matter what i see, it is only through the
waterglass mirage
of comfortable distance.
it is not i who is alone.
it is all of us.

the push through, past the judgements
about how together someone has it
or what their day to day actually feels like,
that
will get us together.
it is harder to connect
than to believe you are alone in your experience.

no more warterglass wall.
shatter.
let others see you.
be wise, but connect.
we are more alike than we know.

No comments: